STARTS MONDAY - AUGUST 30
HEAV FALL MEMBERSHIP DRIVE
August 30 to September 10
Will You Help Us Reach Our Goal?
A while back, our board gave us a rather lofty goal of doubling our membership by the end of 2021. We think we are within striking distance of meeting that–but we need your help.
To put us on the path to our goal, we need to have 437 members sign up between August 30 and September 10. Will you be one of them?
Member Drive Memberships
For As Little As $45 a Year, You Get All This!
When you join HEAV, you join a team of homeschoolers who have banded together to invest in the work needed to protect our freedom to educate our children at home. Team effort keeps our homeschool freedoms strong!
Plus, members receive exclusive benefits of their own, such as:
- Free online classes
- Exclusive member discounts
- The knowledge that YOU are helping to keep homeschooling free
- Free Teacher I.D. Cards
- Earlybird registration & discounts for HEAV events
- Free SAT/ACT test prep from e-knowledge
- $15 HSLDA discount
- SO MUCH MORE
PLUS–When you join or renew your membership during our membership drive, you also get these fantastic gifts.
- Free 8 Great Smarts for Kids online Class by Dr. Kathy Koch (Celebrate Kids)
- Free deluxe “All Things Are Possible” journal
Why Join HEAV
Your membership support allows HEAV to come alongside thousands of homeschool parents through an annual convention, HEAV-sponsored events, magazines and newsletters, counseling, and legislative support.
We have had a continuous voice in the legislature for 38 years, raising the flag on any bills that could infringe on our rights and fighting to promote and protect our homeschool freedom.
- You had to have a college degree to educate your child without approval from the local superintendent.
- You had to come up with a detailed curriculum that satisfied the local superintendent—and you had to send an amendment every time you made a change.
- You had to use an approved curriculum that satisfied the VDOE’s Standards of Learning.
- Your kids had to wait until 18 to get a driver’s license unless they enrolled in public school—or you could come up with the $450+ for a private driving ed school.
- Your college-bound senior did not qualify for financial aid without a public school diploma.
All of these scenarios were, at one time, policy or soon-to-be policy in Virginia. Thanks to HEAV’s government affairs team, working with courageous families, legislators, and homeschool organizations, these and other restrictive policies have been curtailed or eliminated. Please join the fight for homeschool freedom.
NEED MORE REASONS TO JOIN HEAV?
HEAV members enjoy a plethora of exciting member benefits all year long, including fantastic, interactive classes on a variety of topics, discounts on HEAV events and publications, discounts at select retail stores, $15 off HSLDA membership, and more.